Frequent New Wave and the Art of … Maintenance contributor Sebastian Briglia attempted a new marketing feat for his Fires of 2001 memoir, with a Free promotion on 03/11 and 03/12 combined with an offer of free Binaural Mind-Altering MP3s to those who forward their order confirmation number, after downloading the e-book, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Binaural MP3s are brainwave simulations of the states of mind described in the book, and are still available free with each purchase of Fires of 2001, even after the book promotion is over.
Fires of 2001 features the sculptures of Agop Gemdjian as illustrations.
Here is a checklist of places where free e-books are promoted, passed on to me by Marquita Herald, author of books about self-publishing like “The Resilient Writer” and inspirational self-help books like “Stepping Stones to Emotional Resilience:”
All Things Kindle
• No promo links or author ads without prior permission. Submit request to promo free books 5 days in advance.
Author Marketing Club
• Can register at Multiple sites here
• BargaineBook Hunter
• Book Goodies
• Books on the Knob
• Pixel of Ink
Earth’s Book Nook
• Book review blog – must go through blogger and make request for review. It appears she reviews both fiction and nonfiction and there are a few interviews and news about online launch tours.
• New site just for free Kindle books – can submit listing for free/no need to join anything / will accept listing up to 30 days in advance.
Free Books Hub UK
• Trying for first time for Oct Your Time KDP Promo – no indication of advance notice requirement but I submitted 2 wks in advance.
• You can submit a link to your free (KDP) book the day before but they basically pick a few and don’t tell you whether you are one or not – I don’t see a single nonfiction book featured. They have a page where you can jump through hoops to submit a sneak peek of your book but they are ranked soooo low on Alexa and the audience is 65+ so I’m not doing to waste my time.
Kindle Book Promos
• Listings for Free KDP days as well as a directory for books on
• Kindle Requires 2 week notice for KDP days!
Free Kindle Books & Tips
• Listings for Free KDP days – must have 4/5* rating
World Literary Cafe
• Paid and free author promo opp- excellent Alexa ranking. Audience female 55+ / WLC is also a very active community.
Free Kindle Books and Tips
• No guidelines but they list links to lists of free books. I sent email asking for info on how far to submit in advance, etc., never got a response. Will give it a try next promo.
Kindle Daily Nation
• Paid ad/promo opportunities ranging from $29 to $199 – ranging from FB promo to special email to their subscribers. Ranked 7,800 in US on Alexa so they have serious traffic – audience demographic – female 55 to 64. Considering their reach this is something I’d be willing to experiment with later.
• For free Amazon Kindle promos only – must submit list on first day book goes free
The Frugal eReader
• Kindle only. Will promote free books, but ask for submissions as far in advance as possible – advertising opportunities
Day of Promo only
Our Awesome Gang
• Like the page/post a link
The Kindle Obsessed
• Allows you to link to your book special or launch after you ‘like’ page
Indie Book Lounge
• Helping Independent authors and Publishers advertise and blog about their books. Member authors are also welcome to post articles related to Independent Publishing and other material. J
• About the device rather than authors, but I see authors posting links to their free and launch specials – no negative feedback from site administrator.
Free eBook Deal
• Once you ‘like’ their page you can post a link to your free eBook special.
• Once you ‘like’ the page you can post a link to your book promotion.
• Authors can post links and announcements but they ask only one per week and to then to also head over to their website to post link on their Twitter feed. http://bit.ly/ro5ejS
Indie Book of the Day
• Like the page/post a link
• Like the page and you can post a link to your book and/or promo. They also ask authors to link to their website – http://www.readingkindle.co.uk. BUT, when you read the guidelines on the blog they stipulate that to be considered for a promo or review from the blog your book must have a minimum of 5 reviews.
The Kindle Book Review
• Like their page and you can post your KDP promo
Send a DM to promote your stuff. These are book promotion sites and some will follow you back if you follow them which means they’ll get your tweets about your articles and books.